Category: Community

Giving Others a Boost

At the end of a gorgeous summer afternoon I pass through the entrance to Heaven’s Gate. Guided by a couple of smiling volunteers I squeeze into the winery’s jam-packed parking lot, then make my way to the patio where I spot a tiny dynamo…

Read More

Harmony Acura Settles In

Harmony Acura is bubbling with excitement over the move to its new location on Kelowna’s Enterprise Way auto strip. So many local businesses have contributed to the construction of this stunning showroom and the Harmony Acura team would particularly like to acknowledge …

Read More

Jeremy Woo: Winning Work Ethic

Jeremy Woo doesn’t do things for others to gain glory, accolades or attention, he reaches out because it fills him up. “When you help someone else, you feel and they feel better. There’s twice the benefit,” says Jeremy, a 17-year-old, Grade 12 Kalamalka Secondary School student….

Read More

Fore! Juvenile Diabetes: July 28

The Kelowna Golf and Country Club is inviting members and non-members to a ladies golf tournament on July 28, 2011, to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Info and registration: eileensallis@shaw.ca or 250.762.0307.

Read More

Reading to Dogs

Dylan finds a comfortable spot and settles in to hear a story about star-crossed lovers who must fight for their lives in a sinister science fiction future. He pricks up his ears at certain passages but, otherwise, he is impassive, seemingly entranced …

Read More

Sit Long, Talk Much, Laugh Often

…nearby there is a bohemian restaurant which is filling up on an unassuming weekday evening, with some of the Okanagan’s best and brightest minds. The group hosting tonight’s reoccurring event is the Okanagan Institute, …creative professionals who…talk about really cool stuff.

Read More

Java Story No Jive

Seventy-five per cent of the beans used by Shuswap Coffee Company are grown by women in the poorest regions of the coffee growing world. But as impoverished as these growers are, they are giving back to women right here in the Valley.

Read More

Save Keremeos Heritage Site

A lot of water has flowed past the old grist mill in Keremeos. So have a lot of people. Around the turn of this century the Grist Mill and Gardens saw some 17,000 visitors annually, says Walter Despot, the town’s mayor and one of the site’s champions.

Read More

Support the YMCA/YWCA

Thanks to the generosity of local donors and support of volunteers, more children, teens and families will be able to participate in and enjoy the full benefits of YMCA-YWCA programs at a time when many families simply cannot afford the costs involved.

Read More