Ron Maclean: Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour To Visit Kelowna
This hockey season, Canadians across the country will get to experience the game they love with the ones they love, along with one of Canada's favourites – Ron MacLean – as Rogers today unveiled the 25 communities that will be part of the inaugural Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge. Kelowna is one of 25 communities from across Canada set to receive hockey-themed festivities and outdoor viewing parties.
Each week during the 2014/15 NHL season, the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour will roll into a different community across the country with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages, culminating in an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast every Sunday, with MacLean hosting live onsite from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio. The tour visits Kelowna on November 16.
"The passion for hockey in this country is unrivaled. Every Canadian has a connection to the game – it is part of our DNA, it is part of our communities," said MacLean. "We're excited to share in this season-long celebration of Canada'sfavourite pastime, help grow the game and bring to life those great hockey stories every Sunday."
Kicking off in London, ON on October 11 and 12, the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour will bring together a community with deep hockey roots and deliver a jam-packed weekend of interactive games, activities and entertainment for the whole family, celebrating all things hockey in the heart of each town, including:
- Meet and greets with NHL Alumni, local hockey heroes, and celebrities
- Family outdoor viewing parties on both Saturday (Hockey Night in Canada) and Sunday (Rogers Hometown Hockey)
- KidsZone filled with hockey-themed games and activities for all ages
- Interactive experiences inside the Rogers NHL GameCentre LIVE Tech Truck
- Skills and drills competitions
- Winter Market showcasing local culinary culture and hometown food trucks
- Local bands and entertainment from main stage throughout weekend
- Ticket and merchandise giveaways
Each Sunday - the newest national night for hockey - City will air a half-hour pre-game show hosted by Ron MacLeanlive from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio, leading into an NHL game broadcast. MacLean, along with other Sportsnet personalities, will also make appearances during the intermission and post-game show.
Rogers Hometown Hockey www.hometownhockey.com