Okanagan Hot Holiday Homes Tour Returns
Six homes, dozens of designers, hundreds of ticket holders and thousands of Christmas ornaments
As sure as the holiday season arrives, so does the Kelowna Christmas classic – Hot Holiday Homes. This self-guided tour of decorated Okanagan homes returns Saturday, November 15 from 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Hot Holiday Homes features six privately owned homes that have been decorated by proud homeowners and talented designers exclusively for this self-?guided holiday tour.
This year, many homeowners have taken the decorating reins themselves leveraging their own collections of décor and ‘insider’ knowledge of their homes to bring out the seasonal spirit, while others have embraced the opportunity to work with professional designers who bring a trained fresh eye to the project.
The décor teams from Expressions, Fresh Approach, Lemon Garden Design, JANUS Design, along with décor from Urban Barn, Target and Rona and Best of the Okanagan award-winner businesses Beachcomber, Bylands, Art Knapp and others have created beautiful homes to help you discover your own festive style.
The homes on the tour include:
- A newly renovated, beach-theme-inspired home with soft blue and green colours and driftwood accessories bringing Christmas to the shores of Lake Okanagan.
- Constructed in 2009, this two-time Tommie Award winning home is a large three-story Tuscan with an amazing 180degree view of Kelowna, Lake Okanagan and neighbouring vineyards. The homeowner keeps the interior design simple and clean with refurbished antique furniture.
- Located in the heart of the Abbott Street Heritage Conservation Area, this small home has been lovingly restored to its 1939 roots capturing the elegance and charm of the era.
- An award-?winning 1930 heritage home decorated by the homeowner and her daughter features a staggering twenty-?five trees many filled with re-?imagined salvaged items.
- An early 1950s character home that has retained may of its original features filled with revived, re-used and recycled antiques and special finds.
- Perched above the hills of Kelowna, this gorgeous 5500 square foot home fuses Old World elegance with state of the art conveniences.
Ticket holders are welcome to tour the homes in any order that they wish.
Tickets are $47 and available at Art Knapp, Bylands, Expressions, Green & Bear It, and Rick’s Garden World. Ticket holders also receive exclusive discounts at participating shops & restaurants.
You can learn more about Hot Holiday Homes at www.hotholidayhomes.ca or follow them on twitter, facebook and pinterest at @hotholidayhomes.