A hallmark wine competition in the heart of Okanagan wine country
Kelowna | March 11, 2017
Kelowna Yacht Club
Okanagan Life Best of BC Wine Awards will take place on Saturday, March 11, 2017 at the beautiful Kelowna Yacht Club, a jewel on Kelowna's waterfront and an emerging venue for wine events. All B.C. wineries and cideries are eligible.
- Sparkling Wine
- Off Dry White (01-02 sweetness code)
- Pinot Gris
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Other Dry White
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cabernet Franc
- Bordeaux style/Meritage Red
- Other Red Wine
- Sweet/Ice Wine (05-10 sw.code)
- Fortified Wine
- Fruit wine
Gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded for the highest-scoring wines in each category. Awards for Best of Show wines will be given to the red and white wines entered in the competition with the highest overall scores. An award for Best Winery will be given to the winery with the greatest awards.
- All B.C. wineries are eligible.
- Only wines made from 100% B.C. grown fruit will be accepted.
- The competition categories are subject to change. The competition chair reserves the right to add or remove categories as required (i.e., larger or smaller than anticipated submission quantities).
- Wines have been divided into two price categories: $12 to $19.99 (consumer) and $20 and over (premium/prestige). The competition chairman reserves the right to combine price or other suitable categories if the number of entries in certain categories is insufficient.
- Entries are limited to five (5) wines per producer. The competition chairman reserves the right to arbitrarily eliminate wines submitted that do not follow this requirement.
- All products to be eligible must be available at BCLDB stores, LRS stores, VQA stores or at the winery.
- As well as online submissions and payments, participating wineries must submit hardcopy forms along with their wines. These forms include the registration forms and a list which details the following information: product name and vintage, producer, grape variety or varieties, category, current retail price, SKU, and BC liquor stores sweetness code (00 to 10) or sugar content. See Detailed Wine Entry
- To enter wine in a grape variety or blend category, the grape varieties must be specified on the label or on a product information sheet accompanying the entries.
- A $25 entry fee is required for each entry submitted.
- Three bottles per brand are to be submitted for each entry.
- Awards for Best of Show wines will be given to the red and white wines entered in the competition with the highest overall scores. The competition chair reserves the right to awards Best of Show in an Ice Wine competition. An award for Best Winery will be given to the winery with the greatest award score, with greater weight given for gold medals and the least for bronze.
WINE DELIVERY DEADLINE Wednesday, March 1, 2017 - Late deliveries will not be accepted.
Wineries must submit three bottles per entry. The wine delivery deadline is Wednesday, March 1. Deliveries can be made weekdays from Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm. Shipping Address: Okanagan Life Magazine 814 Lawrence Avenue Kelowna, BC V1Y 6L9
Please enter up to five of your wines. A $25 registration fee (plus GST) is required for each entry. Once payment is received, you will be requested to complete your wine entry form.
Award Winning BC Wines
The winners of Best of BC Wine Awards will be highlighted in the April 2016 issue of Okanagan Life magazine and showcased in our "Best" directory.
For more than a quarter of a century, Okanagan Life has been the premiere magazine bringing wine reviews, culinary news and lifestyle features to thousands of readers across our region. The print magazine is directly mailed to 17,000 businesses and homes, has hundreds of subscribers and is available on newsstand.
For more information, contact Okanagan Life at 250-861-5399.
When visiting wine country be sure to ask for a map at the winery as most have scouted out a regional trail to their neighbours. See if they have a passport as often prizes can be won with a wine route full of stamps. Associations also host one or two signature...read more
Gold Mile Bench celebrated as Cassini Cellars named best winery Each bottle of wine should communicate something distinct, something unique about the region it comes from, believes proprietor Adrian Cassini. The combination of unique terroir and a dedication to craft...read more
I’d like to extend my personal invitation for your winery to enter the Okanagan Life Best of BC Wine Awards 2017 and join with wineries from across the province in showcasing their exceptional wines to a select group of judges and to our readers in the pages of...read more
Okanagan Life Best of BC Wine Awards 2017 Rules and Limitations All B.C. wineries are eligible. Only wines made from 100% B.C. grown fruit will be accepted. The competition categories are subject to change. The competition chair reserves the right to add or remove...read more
This form must be submitted with your wine shipment. You can complete this form at this time or return to this page to complete later. Wine must be received by March 1, 2017.read more